I have spent September in a daze. Imagine the whirlwind of a Tazmanian Devil (the Looney Tunes one, not the actual animal)... and when it stops, the world spins. It's like that.
I don't feel great. Not just physically, either.
I feel like I've lost an essential part of myself. That it may have eroded away, leaving nothing but a memory, a whisper of a memory.
"Who are you, my lord?"
"Lear (Yati)'s shadow."
I found an old Blake essay some days ago, and it reminded me. It reminded me of who I used to be and who I wanted to be.
x
On the brighter side of life, I'm glad the Raya spirit caught up with me. I was starting to panic when the last day of Ramadhan came and I hadn't bought my baju kurung, hadn't cleaned my room, was fretting about social context and stakeholders of education... but it all came into place, even the spirit.
:)
Traditions in place.
x
There are so many things on my plate, on my head. And not even all of them mine.
In this instant I am reminded of Robert Frost.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment