I think I feel like the prisoners in Plato's Cave, not being able to move my head. Seeing only shadows on the wall - shadows and figments. Illusions, if you will, that someone has orchestrated. Whether conscious or not. We always want to control how others perceive us. So inevitably, we're not always honest in our representation. But I suppose that's what life is, eh?
"Fake." The word has echoed here and there over the past month or so. In my head, in my ears... I'm not entirely stupid. But sometimes naivete and idealism - Blake's concept of Innocence with its imagination and altruism, as idealistically utopic as it may seem, manipulates one into believing it's more within reach than one would imagine - get the better of
If you were to embark on a journey seeking Truth, you ought to know that what you stumble upon could be annihilating. I've read enough books, watched enough movies - in short, engaged in enough vicarious living - to know that you never completely know everything and so you should never judge. But you can't help but feel how you feel. The fruit from the Tree of Knowledge expelled Adam and Eve from Heaven. One has to ask if it was worth it.
There is a disturbance in my force. A heaviness rests upon my heart and I'm faced with a compulsion to run. Just run. That compulsion doesn't strike very often, and when it does, you know something's up.
No comments:
Post a Comment